California Gold Coaches
- Jillian Cipresso
- Amanda Falkowski
- Erica Steinel
- Katie Simpson
- Arleen Barton
- California Gold coaches seek to develop young athletes capable of competing at the highest levels of synchronized skating and in life. While there is an emphasis on teaching the technical skills necessary for the sport, the coaches place emphasis on additional competitive aspects such as teamwork, presentation, and mental preparedness. The California Gold team members are further presented with opportunities to grow within the context of a group and also have opportunities for leadership.
Recent Coaching Results
- California Gold Senior is 4 time National pewter medalist. In fact, California Gold is the first Pacific Coast Senior team to win a National medal; in 2007, and the first Pacific Coast Senior team to win an international medal, a Silver at the Spring Cup in Milan, Italy - 2009. The Senior team has also earned two assignments in Rouen, France; three assignments in Berlin, Germany; and one assignment in Salzburg, Austria.
- California Gold coaches continue to grow the organization. In addition to an Open Juvenile Pacific Coast Championship in 2009, they have led teams to national appearances with success in the Juvenile, Intermediate, Novice and Adult divisions.
- Coach Cipresso joined California Gold in 2005 with a wealth of coaching and skating experience. As an athlete, she skated with the Miami University Senior Varsity Synchronized Skating Team in national and international competition; Cipresso was a member of the 1999 National Championship team and a two-time World team member. As coach, prior to California Gold she trained and choreographed Western Michigan University’s Varsity Senior and Collegiate teams from 2000 – 2004, leading them to a Collegiate National Championship and Senior's first international assignment.
- Coach Cipresso has served as Synchronized Development Chair for US Figure Skating and a Synchro representative on the Athletes Advisory Committee. Cipresso achieved a Master Coach rating with the Professional Skating Association in 2007. She earned her Bachelor's degree in Political Science at Miami University and is married with two children; her husband Mario is an architect in Santa Monica.
- Coach Falkowski joined California Gold coaching staff in 2008. Although she began her skating career in singles, Coach Falkowski’s passion and expertise is in synchronized skating. As an athlete and team captain, she skated with California Gold Senior when they earned their first national award and their first international assignment as Team USA. She has studied ice dancing and studio dance extensively. She earned her B.A. in Communications from Concordia University in 2008 and is married with two children; her husband Mark is a quality manager in the aviation industry.